What functionality does the Quarantine for specialist equipment network have?
- Quarantine networks has no outbound or inbound internet access.
- RDP and SSH traffic is permitted into and out of the quarantine network from the Quarantine Windows Terminal Server only.
- Quarantine networks has access to central DNS servers and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Quarantine networks has access to license servers (ports only) that have been approved by CAB :
- Mathworks Matlab
- National Instruments Labview
- Autodesk (Zone E)
- Key Management Services (KMS)
- Quarantine networks have no outbound access to any other University networks
- Machines in the quarantine network can be configured with:
- A generic local user account or multiple local accounts.
- No antivirus program (however it is advisable to have one installed).
- No security updates, so projects can run longer without the need of interruptions.
- Not dependant to network resources.
Information can be found here https://wikis.bris.ac.uk/display/rit/Quarantine+network