If your application requires .Net 3.5 to run on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, you are more than likely to have a problem installing or if it does install not work.
How to install .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Insert server operating Disc or mount the ISO.
- Open command as Administrator
- Take not of the drive letter the O/S disc is mounted and if it isn’t d: then you will need to change this part “/Source:d:\sources\sxs” in the line below to the driver letter
- Type : dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /all /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
- The .Net framework 3.5 feature will install see fig 1
- Under Roles and feature in the server manager you will now see dot net 3.5 installed see fig 2